BUCKET PLAN DESIGNATION
Bucket Plan Certified (BPC) advisors are taught to use a set of planning tools that ensure a holistic planning process for clients. Because an informed consumer makes better decisions, the Bucket Plan training emphasizes how to educate clients on key concepts such as the money cycle, pyramid of risk and sequence of returns risk. The resulting Bucket Plan accounts for a client’s income needs, time horizon, volatility tolerance, and tax situation for a personalized and product-neutral financial plan.
Why Earn the BPC Designation?
- Increase your credibility with the BPC designation
- Demonstrate your commitment to holistic planning in the client’s best interest
- Increase your marketing exposure through the find-a-planner tool located at the Bucket Plan Book site.
Advisors are required to have a bachelor’s degree or at least two years of industry experience, a Life and Health Insurance license and must hold at least one of the following: CFA®, CFP®, ChFC®, Series 6, Series 7, Series 65 or Series 66.
Advisors are required to:
- Complete an eLearning course and pass the included knowledge assessment
- Attend The Bucket Plan 1.0 two-day live or virtual edition training program
- Pass a comprehensive multiple-choice proctored final exam that is closed book and requires a passing score of 75% or higher
Continuing Education Requirements
- Requirements ensuring continued comprehension of the material are in place for renewal of the licensure
*there is an additional fee for this designation