ABOUT THE BUCKET PLAN® TRAINING & DESIGNATION
Designed to serve the best interest of clients, The Bucket Plan 1.0 Training educates advisors on how to use a range of planning tools to simplify the planning process for clients while addressing complex challenges. The proven process ensures advisors ask the right questions and identify important considerations needed to design a structured and comprehensive plan that supports the future their clients want now, soon and in the distant future.
- Understand the advantages of bucketing
- Explain the Bucket Plan philosphy to prospects and clients
- Document client information that validates the best interest standard is met
- Create and implement Now, Soon & Later Buckets
BUCKET PLAN DESIGNATION
Bucket Plan Certified (BPC) advisors are taught to use a set of planning tools that ensure a holistic planning process for clients. Because an informed consumer makes better decisions, the Bucket Plan training emphasizes how to educate clients on key concepts such as the money cycle, pyramid of risk and sequence of returns risk. The resulting Bucket Plan accounts for a client’s income needs, time horizon, volatility tolerance, and tax situation for a personalized and product-neutral financial plan.
Why Earn the BPC Designation?
- Increase your credibility with the BPC designation
- Demonstrate your commitment to holistic planning in the client’s best interest
- Increase your marketing exposure through the find-a-planner tool located at the Bucket Plan Book site.
Advisors are required to have a bachelor’s degree or at least two years of industry experience, a Life and Health Insurance license and must hold at least one of the following: CFA®, CFP®, ChFC®, Series 6, Series 7, Series 65 or Series 66.
Advisors are required to:
- Complete an eLearning course and pass the included knowledge assessment
- Attend The Bucket Plan 1.0 two-day live or virtual edition training program
- Pass a comprehensive multiple-choice proctored final exam that is closed book and requires a passing score of 75% or higher
Continuing Education Requirements
- The same elements are required every two years to maintain the BPC designation